Each child belongs to an Owl Family:
- Barn Owl,
- Tawny Owl,
- Short-Eared Owl,
- Long-Eared Owl and
- Snowy Owl
These families are represented by a colour. The Owl Family has members from each year group and two children from Year 4 represent each their Owl Family in the Owl Parliament. The Owl Parliament meets regularly to discuss issues relating to school life.
Children will be split into their Owl Family for school events such as sports day and special learning days, as well as being part of our PE uniform (replacing the white t-shirts previously worn). T-shirts in the Owl colours for you to purchase (£1.50). (please purchase direct from school to ensure conformity of colours).
Year 4 Owl Leaders:
Tawny - Megan & Tom A
Snowy - Betsy & Isla
Short Eared - Charlotte & Ruben
Long Eared - George & Aiden
Barn - Parum & Rhoshlyn
Playground Buddies are pupils who have been chosen to help make playtime a happy time for all children in the playground.
The role of Playground Buddies involves
- helping children find new friends
- making children feel comfortable and welcome
- including children who are lonely and helping them to play games, especially those who are sitting our buddy bench
- giving support to children to find solutions to a problem
- being fair and not taking sides
- helping children if they fall over and comforting them
- helping children to find something if they've lost it in the playground
- teaching new games