Vision, Values & Aims
Our vision is to provide each child with inspiring teaching and learning opportunities enabling all to achieve their potential, celebrate their talents, follow their dreams and contribute to the modern world through shared Christian values.
At Raynsford it is our aim to raise standards by promoting a school Christian ethos, which is underpinned by core values. These values support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring environment.
We give regular thought to how values can be used to support the child as a reflective learner and promote quality teaching and learning.
In our society, children are increasingly encouraged through advertising to think of happiness as something which can be found simply in the material world. They are generally encouraged to experience life in a world which is external to their inner selves.
As a school community we believe that the ethos of the school should be built on a foundation of Gospel values.
Our Value for June
Our Value for June
Compassion- is all about putting yourself in someone else’s shoes, especially when they are having a hard time. It’s about trying to understand how they are feeling and then being pro-active in wanting to help.
‘Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3 v12)
The difference between pity and compassion: pity just feels sorry, compassion does something about it, even it is hard to do.
Making a difference
Putting others first
Sensitive to suffering
Service in action
Interested in others
Offering care and concern
Noticing a need
“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness “ (Aesop)
Prayer for June
During your life on earth you showed great compassion and kindness to many people who were suffering and unhappy. Thank you for those who work tirelessly in our community to look after others. Thank you for the people who have shown compassion and kindness to us and even given us the courage to keep going, even when times were tough. Remind us this week and every day to show compassion and kindness in all we do.
Raynsford Academy aims to provide a broad, stimulating and enriched environment where learning takes place all around within an atmosphere of excellence and enjoyment.
All members of the school community are valued and welcomed equally, whatever their need, race, beliefs, disability or gender.
This is achieved through:
- Effective communication
- Strong teamwork
- Mutual respect
- Positive attitudes to learning
- Values Education
Specific aims include:
- Confident individuals who are able to lead a happy, safe and healthy life.
- Successful learners, who make good progress, enjoy and achieve and find their unique talent.
- Responsible citizens who make positive contributions to society
- Developing an enquiring mind
- To encourage caring and considerate behaviour where all contribute to community life
- For each individual to achieve their best
- To celebrate each persons key strength
- To appreciate everyone’s talents
- To use our talents to contribute to the big picture
- To enjoy what we are doing
- To value and respect each other
- To provide a well resourced, exciting and stimulating environment which is welcoming, safe, accessible and healthy for the whole school community
- To have high expectations –we strive for all our pupils to be confident, independent learners with ability to persevere, respect others and achieve their own potential
- To promote positive partnerships with all stakeholders
- To foster consideration, trust, support and respect for all
- To provide equal opportunities
- To work effectively